If you have experience in the kitchen, there’s a good chance that you like to bake as well. Whether it’s homemade biscuits, cookies or a pie, there’s virtually no end to the delicious things you can make with the right recipe. Although we usually save cakes for special occasions, there are few things more delicious than a freshly baked homemade cake. Even if you have a few favorites that you usually make, this recipe is particularly delicious and you may not have tried before.
Today, we’re going to make a delicious coffee cream cake that you can eat for dessert or as a sweet breakfast treat. As always, the ingredients are easy to combine and the result is a truly delicious treat unlike any other. The secret to this recipe is the coffee that gets worked into the frosting. Even if you don’t have a special occasion coming up, this recipe is definitely worth a try. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of instant coffee
- 1/4 cup of half and half
- 4 cups of confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
Here’s what you do:
1. To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. With that done, melt your butter in a saucepan. When it’s all melted, add your instant coffee and your boiling water, taking the whole thing off the heat. Whisk everything together until it’s well-combined before setting it all aside.
2. In another bowl, combine your flour, sugar, salt and baking soda together and give it a rough mix. Pour the butter mixture in as well and stir it up so that it’s roughly combined.
3. Next, get out another bowl and mix your buttermilk, eggs and vanilla together and whisk them together. When they’re ready, pour that mixture into your batter and keep mixing everything together until it’s all evenly combined.
4. With your batter ready, get out two eight-inch round cake tins and prepare them by spraying them down with nonstick spray. Pour your batter into the pans and let them cook in the oven for 416 to 22 minutes. When they’re done, do the toothpick test to make sure they’re cooked through and let them cool down to room temperature.
5. With the cakes ready, you can make your filling! Throw your cream cheese, confectioners sugar and heavy cream into a mixing bowl and mix it all with a paddle attachment until it turns light and creamy. Scrape the bowl and set the filling aside.
6. Finally, you can make your icing by melting butter on medium-high heat in a saucepan before adding instant coffee. Whisk in half and half and turn off the heat, before adding confectioners sugar and vanilla as well. Whisk it all together until it’s smooth with no lumps and let it sit for five minutes.
7. Once it’s all done, cut your cooled cake rounds in half to make four even layers and spread the cream cheese filling in the middle between each layer. When it’s done, drizzle the coffee icing down over the top and let it spill down and you’re ready to eat!
While this recipe does have a few different stages, each one uses simple ingredients and doesn’t require too much effort. At the end of it all, you’ll have a delicious cake with a rich, sweet flavor. As always, have fun with the process and let us know how it all turns out!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: I Am Baker