What could possibly be better than a pepperoni pizza sub? A pepperoni pizza sub wrapped in bacon, of course! We found out about the recipe from the Scrumdiddlyumptious YouTube channel and their video is something that you definitely have to check out for yourself.
The Bacon-Wrapped Pepperoni Baguette that the chef put together looks absolutely delicious.
We’ve listed all of the steps and ingredients that you’ll need in order to wrap your own baguette at home today. Impress all of your friends and family with this simple (and delicious) recipe that can be prepared and ready to eat in under an hour.
You’ll need a baguette, pepperoni, bacon, mozzarella cheese, American cheese, ketchup, and mayonnaise.
The long and thin shape of a French baguette combined with the crisp exterior makes it the perfect choice for this recipe.
Putting it all together is easy.
You’ll want to slice down the baguette lengthwise, making sure not to slice it all the way through.
The next step is to layer all of the ingredients on.
Start by dividing your pepperoni into three piles. Then spread a layer of mayonnaise on the bottom half of the baguette.
Add the first 1/3 of the pepperoni, top it with mozzarella, and then add the second 1/3 pepperoni.
Spread some ketchup on top of the pepperoni and then top it with American cheese slices. Cover the American cheese with more ketchup, plus a little bit of mayo. Then add on the last of the pepperoni.
Top it with more mozzarella, squeeze it all together, and close up the baguette. Now you’re ready to wrap it with the bacon.
Layer all of the bacon slices in one long row and then place the baguette in the middle. Wrap both ends of the bacon slices around by alternating back and forth. Cook the baguette in the over at 350°F for 45 minutes, then enjoy!
The final result is a sandwich that is both filling and delicious.
It has all the traditional flavors of pizza, combined with a crunchy bacon crust. What more could a person ask for? We recommend cutting it into smaller slices to make it easier to eat. Plus, you’ll probably want to share it with at least one other person.
Bacon-wrapped pepperoni baguettes can be pretty filling. Just make sure not to burn your mouth with all of that amazing gooey cheese and sauce when you bite in for the first time!
Scroll down to see the full ingredients list and recipe instructions.
- 1 baguette
- 12 oz pepperoni, sliced
- 14 oz bacon strips
- 1 – 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 13 slices American cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Slice the baguette lengthwise. Spread mayo on the bottom half and add on 1/3 of the pepperoni. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella over the pepperoni layer and add on another 1/3 of the pepperoni.
3. Spread ketchup over the pepperoni, cover it in American cheese slices. Cover American cheese with ketchup and mayo, and then add on the last 1/3 of the pepperoni.
4. Add the remaining mozzarella on top of everything and compress the sides of the baguette together.
5. Arrange the bacon in one long row, lengthwise, then place the baguette in the middle. Then wrap the bacon around from both ends.
6. Put the baguette in the oven and bake it for 45 minutes.
It’s a lunch or dinner recipe that is sure to make everyone in the family happy. Not to mention, it could also work really great as an appetizer split among friends on Game Day. As long as you like the flavors of pizza and bacon, you can’t go wrong with this one.
Check out the video below to see the bacon-wrapped pizza baguette in action plus two additional baguette recipes.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.