Toast is best when hot and crispy. It is a low-cost food that you can enjoy almost every day and at any time. It is also one of the most underrated snacks if I may say.
It wasn’t always served at tables as an independent type of food- it was used for other purposes instead.
According to Wikipedia:
“The word toast comes from the Latin torrere ‘to burn’. The first reference to toast in print is in a recipe for Oyle Soppys (flavoured onions stewed in a gallon of stale beer and a pint of oil) from 1430. In the 1400s and 1500s, toast was discarded or eaten after it was used as a flavoring for drinks. In the 1600s, toast was still thought of as something to be put into drinks. In his 1602 play The Merry Wives of Windsor, Shakespeare gives Falstaff the line: “Go fetch me a quart of sack; put a toast in’t.” Toast has been used as an element of American haute cuisine since at least the 1850s.”
But time has changed and this toast recipe will prove it.
This is how you tease and treat your taste buds the proper way. If you want to reinvent on your toast but do not have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen every day, then this one is the best toast recipe for you!
In just five minutes, you can already have your delicious toast ready! Yes, you read that right, in just 5 minutes, and we are absolutely serious about that. Stop thinking, stop asking, and just try it.
Ladies and gentlemen, may we present, chili cheese toast!
View this post on Instagram
Chili Cheese Toast 🧀🥪 Chef @arora_ashima Eating cheese may cause weight gain but it sure does make your heart happy. A perfect recipe for hunger pangs, quick and easy to make. . . Check out the recipe 👇 ashimaskitchen.in/chili-cheese-toast/ . . Do visit my blog, link in bio 🙌 . . #chilicheesetoast #cheeselover #homecooking #homemade #instagood #instafood #postoftheday #photooftheday #foodstyling #foodstagram #foodblogger #foodlovers #foodphotography #foodporn #instachef #instamood #lovetocook #homemadefood #baking #foodie #foodiesofinstagram #cheflife #cookandchill
This is just one of the many toast recipes out there, but this one has a new flavor!
Do you love bread, cheese, toast, spice, and chili? Then say no more, the chili cheese toast has it all.
Not only can you make it in as little as 5 minutes, but it also does not require that many ingredients. Everything that you’d need is just within your reach in your kitchen.
Now go to your kitchen and gather these ingredients fast.
- Two (2) cloves of garlic
- One (1) medium-sized green chili
- Two (2) Tablespoons of butter
- Four (4) slices of bread
- One-half (1/2) cup of Mozzarella cheese
- One-half (1/2) Tablespoon of chili flakes
You may change the amount of each ingredient according to your preference and the number of people that you will be serving.
View this post on Instagram
Chili Cheese Toast 🌶 Here’s an idea for a fun, delicious and easy snack or light meal! Finely chop: Serrano or other green chili of choice, onion, tomato, bell pepper, tomato, garlic. Mix these together with grated cheese (I used mozzarella), white pepper powder and a little mayonnaise. Lightly butter thick white slices of bread such as Texas toast or Japanese milk bread. Spread the veggie and cheese mix on top and bake in oven or toaster oven until the cheese melts and bread is toasted lightly. Cut into triangles and serve with chutney, hot sauce or ketchup. Enjoy!! • • • • • #chilicheesetoast #masalacheesetoast #masalatoast #cheesetoast #easysnacks #easymeals #homemade #foodie #foodstagram #instafood #lightlunch #quickmeals #tasty #foodphotography #foodiesofinstagram #dinner
Note: In every recipe, it is always best to pick the freshest ingredients. So make sure to always check the expiration date of your (ready-made or processed) ingredients.
If you have everything ready, then let’s jump into action!
- Grab the cloves (2) of garlic and mince them. Try to chop them as fine as possible.
- Take the medium-sized green chili and chop it finely just like what you did to the garlic.
- Soften or melt the butter, then mix the minced garlic and green chili in it. Stir it until they are evenly mixed with the butter.
- Spread the mixture evenly to both sides of the bread.
- Add the Mozzarella cheese on top of each buttered bread slice. Make sure that the top of each slice is completely topped with cheese.
- Sprinkle some chili flakes on top of each piece of toast.
- Bake them inside a 400℉ preheated oven for 5 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- If an oven is not available, you may use a non-stick pan as an alternative. Put a heavy-bottomed pan on low heat and place the bread slices inside. Cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese on top melts.
- Once your timer is up, take them out of the pan/oven (whichever you used). Serve immediately while hot and crispy. Share it with your family or friends. Enjoy!
You can serve this chili cheese toast at any time of the day. Though many said that it’s best served during breakfast or evening snacks.
Hurry up and try it, then let us know your thoughts about it.
This recipe was inspired by Spice Bangla.
Watch their video tutorial below to learn how to prepare this mouth-watering chili cheese toast!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.