Everybody loves pork chops, right? They’re so delicious and there are a million different ways to prepare them. When you combine pork chops with something as tasty as mushrooms and as spicy as garlic which always gives a special flavor to basically any food you get a true gourmand fantasy!
Today, we’re going to show you how to prepare delicious and simple one-pan pork chops in garlic mushroom sauce in just 30 minutes!
This delicious meal is often prepared in fancy restaurants but is actually quite easy to make at home
For starters, we really recommend you use boneless pork chops as they’re easier to work with and also save you time. Once you have the pork chops you should proceed to season them with salt and pepper. You can use a different seasoning if you don’t like salt and pepper. Paprika is a good alternative but you can also combine it with salt and pepper, for extra flavor! Then simply flip your pork chops and repeat the whole process.
Everything’s tastier with butter, so be sure to use good quality butter
When you’ve seasoned your pork chops, the next step is to add a know of butter to a preheated cast-iron skitter. It’s not a must, you can use a regular pan if you don’t have a skillet. After the butter has melted down, add some oil to prevent the butter from burning.
Now it’s time to sear your pork chops for about 2 or 3 minutes. Sear them until they get a golden brown color and no longer pink inside. It should take about 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Your next step is to add mushrooms and garlic
Now that you’ve prepared the pork chops, add a little more oil to your remaining butter, make sure it’s melted and proceeded to add mushrooms. Make sure your skillet or pan isn’t overheated, so it’s best you reduce the heat to medium before you add the mushrooms.
We recommend you use about ten or twelve button mushrooms but you can use whatever number you like. Cook the mushrooms until they’re golden in color until moisture evaporates which should be about 5 minutes.
When the mushrooms are ready, add small chopped onion and three cloves of garlic (you can add mustard too). Cook until garlic is fragrant. Then add 2 tablespoons of flour and stir it around to remove any lumps that might form.
For the finishing touch, add beef broth to make your dish really special
Add a cup and half of beef broth slowly and whisk it until it’s incorporated properly. Bring it to a boil and stir it until it thickens up then just let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add additional seasoning of your choosing.
Now when your gravy is thickened up return your pork chops to the skillet and let it all simmer for about 1 to 3 minutes.
There you go! You have your pork chops in mushroom and garlic gravy, a meal that will awake all your senses and satisfy your appetite!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- ½ teaspoon paprika (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of oil
- 10 -12 button (fresh) mushrooms
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of mustard to taste
- 2 tablespoons, all-purpose flour
- 1.5 or 2 cups of beef broth
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add about 2 tbsp of butter to a preheated pan or skillet.
- Put the pork chops in and sear them, over medium-high heat, until cook through. This should take about 3 minutes on each side. Set them aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add in a little more oil if necessary, add the mushrooms in and fry until golden brown and the moisture has evaporated.
- Place the onion and garlic in the pan and saute until they are fragrant for about a minute.
- Add in the flour and stir until it coats the ingredients.
- Add the beef broth, stir, and bring to a boil, wait until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the pork chops back in and simmer for about 3 minutes.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page