If you are a busy type of person who also likes to bake, then this recipe is the best for you. It won’t take much of your time and energy, so you can make this delicious cake and still have time to do other important things. What a blessing, am I right?!
Not only is this recipe almost all-too-easy to make, but it also doesn’t require a lot of ingredients.
In fact, the recipe is called “1 egg cake” and there’s no oven required! Can you believe that?
This 1 egg cake recipe became an instant hit just recently when a video tutorial about it was uploaded online. The viral video has been viewed millions of times and since then, people have started to copy, adapt, and get inspiration from it. And it doesn’t disappoint- everyone seems to love it!
After all, you couldn’t possibly ask for more from an effortless and low-cost cake recipe, right?
So, without further ado, may we present the 1 egg cake recipe!
To make this tasty cake, you would need the following:
- 1 egg (any size)
- 1 fresh red apple
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tblsp. sugar
- 1/2 a cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 2/3 a cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of milk
Note: For the ingredients, if you don’t have an available apple, you may use a banana as a substitute. There are also no limits to the ingredients, be creative and do more with this simple recipe.
Once you are ready with the ingredients, then it’s time to put on your apron! Just don’t be surprised by how easy the process is.
Let’s get down to business. Here are the steps:
- Grab a non-stick pan, make sure that it’s large enough to contain all the ingredients especially the final product. Grease it with oil, then evenly sprinkle it with sugar. **set aside after**
- Slice the apple horizontally to a certain thickness and scatter each slice in the pan.
- Next, get a mixing bowl and crack in the egg and pour in ½ cup of sugar. Whisk thoroughly until there are no clumps of sugar that can be felt at the bottom of the bowl.
- In the same bowl, pour in ¼ tablespoon of vanilla essence and ¼ cup of vegetable oil. Then mix it well.
- In a strainer, pour in ⅔ cup of all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, a pinch of baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Sift thoroughly and combine only the refined parts into your mixture.
- Mix well until the batter becomes thick. To combine all ingredients faster, add ¼ cup of milk gradually as you stir. Continuously stir until the mixture becomes thick enough.
- Pour the batter into the pan and make sure that all the apples are covered with it. The mixture should be evenly scattered in the pan. Remove bubbles by lightly tapping the pan, if there are any.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 10-15 minutes over low heat. Wait until it becomes fluffy and it no longer sticks to the bottom of your pan.
- If you also want to cook the top portion of your cake, you may do so. Just flip it like a pancake and put it back over low heat. Cook it without covering for another 5 minutes.
View this post on Instagram
Today I was so happy to try out the famous one egg steamed cake and it turned out amazing. Very easy to make and above all easy to eat. All you need is 2 bananas, 1 egg, 80g sugar, 100g wheat flour, 1 tspn baking powder, 2 table spoons olive oil and a pinch of salt plus vanilla. Check out my YouTube channel for a full video of how to make this amazing cake @kookistkath. #instafood #food #bakeit #1eggcake #bananacake #youtube #istanbul #uganda #kookistkath
Now all that’s left to do is slice in and enjoy!
See? That won’t take you more than an hour. It’s another addition to your arsenal of favorite go-to recipes. There is no need to spend a bunch of money and time for a yummy cake. This is a flexible cake recipe that absolutely everyone can try.
We have seen a lot of people doing this and we can’t wait for you to try it too. Spread this already famous recipe so everyone gets the chance to test it. Tell us your thoughts about this and make sure to share your delicious works online.
To get the full step-by-step tutorial, watch the video below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.