Although cake is supposed to be meant for special occasions only, we tend to want it a little more frequently than that. Who has time to wait for the next birthday or party to have a delicious slice of this stuff? Beyond the ceremonial aspect to this food, there’s also the illusion that making a cake necessarily has to be hard work to be good. We say throw out all those rules! If you want cake and you want it fast, this is the way to go.
Today, we’re showing you how to make a slow cooker apple spice cake that only needs three ingredients to come together. As if slow cooker recipes weren’t already easy enough, this one truly sets out to show how little effort you can put in while still having a delicious dessert for the whole family. Once you’ve tried this dish once, we guarantee you’ll want to have it again and again. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 2 20-ounce cans of apple pie filling
- 2 sticks of butter, sliced
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Here’s what you do:
1. First, open up your cans of apple pie filling and pour them into your slow cooker. Use a spoon or some other utensil to spread everything around evenly.
2. Once that’s in, open up your cake mix and pour it on top of the apple layer evenly. You can spread around the top of the mixture as necessary to make sure it completely covers the apples but be careful not to the mix the two layers!
3. Next, be sure to slice up your two sticks of butter and then place the butter slices all over the top of the cake mix. Make sure they’re spread around evenly and that they cover the cake layer as well.
4. With everything in place, cover your slow cooker and set it to cook on high for two and a half hours. When the time is up, you should have a cakey, gooey and delicious dessert recipe that assembles itself! Scoop it out into bowls and serve it up with vanilla ice cream.
Ok, so this recipe isn’t quite the same as a fully baked cake. Still, desserts and slow cooker recipes don’t get much easier than this one does and the results are absolutely undeniable. Though it’s probably best to only eat this sparingly after you’ve already had dinner, we’re not going to tell anyone if you have a scoop of this in the morning with your coffee as well!
Even if the apple version of this isn’t your cup of tea, the basic principle of this recipe still goes a long way. Simply choose a pie filling of your liking, choose a cake mix and top it all with pads of butter for a similar, cobbler-style dessert. The possibilities are virtually endless, and we leave them up to you. As always, have fun with this recipe and let us know how it all turns out!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: Cooktop Cove