Can you feel it? Summer is finally here!
Summer means travel, vacation, and parties.
We can even bring the summer fun into our homes, and that is where our featured video comes in.
YouTuber Dave Hax posted watermelon ideas that will make your summer so much cooler!
Dave is known for his DIY projects, food hacks, and even experiments. His almost 6M subscribers love how he delivers his videos, and his trademark line “pretty cool, huh?”
So, if you plan to have an indoor summer family party, you might want to grab your pen and paper and list down these cool food hacks.
Dave started his compilation with this cool watermelon keg. It’s easy and fun to make, and it’s so cool to get your drink directly from the fruit.
Here’s what you need:
A big watermelon
Watermelon tap kit
Now that you have all the materials needed, you can start by cutting the top part of the watermelon.
Using the pineapple spiralizer, remove the middle part of the fruit, cut it into small pieces, and set it aside.
Next, using a big spoon, scrape all the remaining fruit and make sure that your watermelon is empty.
Put the fruit in the blender and blend until smooth.
Install the watermelon tap kit, and that’s it.
Now you can pour your watermelon smoothie, and you can add other fruit juices to make your own fruit punch.
Of course, add ice, and it’s ready to serve!
Refill if needed.
Watermelon karate chop
Now that you have your own watermelon dispenser, why not show off some karate skills to your guests?
Before proceeding with this cool trick, make sure that you will do it properly because this might even hurt your hand.
If you’re completely sure that you want to try this trick, then just get a good size watermelon, and then carefully slice all the way around the fruit. Cut it just beneath the skin so it would be easier for you to chop it using your karate “skills.”
Now that’s done, show off your impressive martial arts skills and do a solid karate chop. That should impress your guests.
For a beautiful watermelon swan as a centerpiece, get yourself a small watermelon and cut it in the middle – make sure that the other side is bigger than the other, around half an inch.
Once done, set the small half aside and proceed to cut the bigger half.
-Face it flat side down and start cutting a wedge on the watermelon on the side.
-Place it back again and create a smaller wedge out of the first one.
-You’d be able to create another wedge on the second part and then do the same on the other half of the watermelon.
– Once you are done, slide the wedges to form the wings. Looking pretty already!
– Get a small knife and cut a piece off the middle part of the watermelon. This is where the head goes.
– Now, get the small half and cut a slice through it. It should be the same width as the cut that you made on the body.
– Carefully cut the watermelon to form the swan’s head and neck, and if you can, create feathers on the watermelon skin as well.
– Put the head and neck on the body and for the last part, get two watermelon seeds and use them for eyes!
Now, you have your cool watermelon swan!
A mouthful watermelon smoothie dispenser
Get ready for our favorite!
A large watermelon
A clean wire coat hanger
– Get your large watermelon and lie it on its side.
– Using your knife, cut a small hole in the middle. Set it aside.
– Cut a section of your clean wire hanger and fold it to resemble a long whisk. Connect it with your drill.
– Now, you have a large-looking whisk that will fit the whole of the watermelon.
– Make sure to mash or blend the watermelon inside until it turns into a smoothie.
– Get your plastic cup and trace the size of the cup on your watermelon. Cut it so it would fit.
– You now have a mouth for your dispenser.
– Of course, we don’t want it to be boring, right? Carve eyes to give it character and design according to your liking.
This is a super cool way to serve your watermelon smoothie to your guests!
Can you believe that these are just four of his eight fun watermelon hacks?
Dave Hax was also able to create a smoothie recipe, watermelon popsicles, and awesome ways to present your watermelon to your guests.
Who says summer at home would be boring?
With cool hacks like this one, you will never get bored, and you won’t run out of ideas!
Check out the other four watermelon hacks on the video below, and tell us which one is your favorite!!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.