When it comes to putting together an easy and delicious dinner, it doesn’t get much easier than a good slow cooker dinner. For those of us with busy schedules, all you have to do is throw everything in before leaving for work. At the end of it all, you can come home to a fully prepared meal with very little effort. Still, if you try to make a slow cooker meal without any plan in mind, you could end up disappointed.
Fortunately, we have the perfect slow cooker meal for you to try out today. We’re going to show you how to make a creamy ranch chicken dish that you can make with no effort—and it even comes with all the veggies cooked right along with it. As with most recipes of its kind, all you’ll have to do is combine everything and wait until it’s ready. While we’ve tried many different versions of these chicken dishes before, the sauce with this one is something special. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 4 medium russet potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups of baby carrots
- 1 23-ounce can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet of dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup of half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
Here’s what you do:
1. To begin, prepare your vegetables as necessary before putting your baby carrots and cubed potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker. top those off with your chicken breasts, seasoning them liberally with salt and pepper.
2. In another side bowl, mix together your soup, ranch dressing mix, half-and-half and paprika. Stir everything up until it’s evenly combined and pour the mixture over your chicken and veggies.
3. When that’s done, cover your slow cooker up and set it to cook on high for three to four hours or on low for seven to eight hours, allowing enough time for the chicken and veggies to cook all the way through.
4. When the time is up, check to make sure the meat is cooked all the way and everything is done to your liking. If it all looks good, scoop your meat and veggies out and garnish them with some freshly chopped parsley. Add a side of rice or noodles to complete the dish and enjoy!
While this recipe doesn’t have much more complexity than any other slow cooker dish you may have tried, all these flavors are sure to work very well together. As an added bonus, this dish is prepared with almost no need at all for extra sides. When the time is up, everything will be ready to eat all at the same time!
Although this recipe is great as it is, you can also make whatever minor tweaks you need to after you’ve made it once or twice. If you’d rather use some different vegetables than the ones we’ve suggested, feel free to swap them out as you see fit. You can add some additional seasonings to your chicken if you’d like, also. Above all, have fun with this one and let us know how it all turns out!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group
Source: 12 Tomatoes