Diner food is just about perfect when you’re looking for a hearty meal.
If you live in a small town, chances are there’s a nearby restaurant that serves cheap, All-American food and might even be open 24/7. When we’re really craving food that will keep us full for hours, sometimes a diner meal is the only way to go—particularly when we’re talking about breakfast. Of all the many meals you can eat at a local diner or a Coney Island, one of my personal favorites is biscuits and gravy. Fortunately, you can make the same exact thing right in your slow cooker. And we’re going to show you how.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces of sliced portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 8-10 refrigerated biscuits
Here’s what you do:
1. Begin by combining your chicken thighs, mushrooms, flour, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper in your slow cooker.
2.Mix everything up before adding chicken broth and mixing again. Cover it and let it cook on low for four to six hours.
3. When the time is up, give everything a stir and add your heavy cream as well, mixing that in.
4. With the wet ingredients set, carefully place your uncooked refrigerated biscuits in the mix as well, submerging them partway until you’ve filled the bottom of the slow cooker.
5. Cover it again and set it to cook on high for an hour. When the time is up, scoop some out and you’re ready to eat!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group