Do you have any favorite slow cooker recipes?
As anyone who cooks with slow cookers very often knows, these things are very easy to use and can make all kinds of different foods. Although they’re good for making simpler dishes like soups and chilis, they can also be used to cook huge hunks of meat relatively easily. Still, not knowing exactly how to cook with them can result in imperfect dishes.
Fortunately, we’ve got a great recipe for you today that will put your slow cooker to good use.
The recipe we’re making today is for a whole beef roast with balsamic onions.
All you need to do is buy a cheap cut of meat, throw it in the slow cooker, add onions and seasonings and you’re ready to go. The meal is so easy to make and ends up tasting absolutely delicious. Once you’ve made it once, you’re sure to make it again and again. So let’s get started:
- 3 pound top round beef
- 2 thinly sliced onions
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced into paste
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1. Start by throwing your beef on a plate and season it with your salt, pepper and garlic paste. Rub the seasonings all over the meat so it’s completely coated and set it aside.
2. Make sure your onions are chopped up and add those to your slow cooker along with the rosemary, brown sugar and tomato paste. Mix everything up so that it’s well-combined.
3. Mix your balsamic vinegar and corn starch together in a side dish to turn it into a slurry. Add that slurry into the slow cooker as well and mix everything up again.
4. When the sauce is ready, put the seasoned beef into the slow cooker and close it up. Set it to cook on low for eight hours.
5. After enough time has passed, take the entire slow cooker pot out of the base and open the lid to let the steam out. Let the roast sit for about 10 minutes before slicing into it and serving!
Although this recipe is incredibly simple to make, the end result is so tender and delicious that the whole family will love it. Although this specific recipe is for a beef roast, you could also substitute another roast and follow the same steps to transfer this recipe to something else as well. If you have any big parties coming up that you need to cook for, this slow cooker meal is a great option worth considering. Have you given this recipe a try for yourself? What tweaks of your own did you make? Let us know in the comments below and as always, happy cooking!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: Cooktop Cove