When you’re feeling hungry between meals, do you have a snack that you tend to go to above others? A nice bag of crunchy potato chips does the trick for many of us, others of us might reach for a sleeve of Oreos or a big bag of pretzels. Still, none of these snacks are doing anything particularly good for our bodies. Wouldn’t it be nice to get the salty and crunchy flavors we crave throughout the day in a way that we didn’t have to feel guilty about? Fortunately, we have just the thing for that.
Instead of reaching for the Fritos next time you’re hungry, why not try out this recipe for parmesan roasted cauliflower bites? We know what you’re thinking: cauliflower is just not the same as a bag of chips. For anyone who’s saying that, we’d just like to say that you definitely haven’t tried this recipe yet. Be as skeptical as you like but when made correctly, these veggie snack bites are cheesy, crispy and just as satisfying as any snack food you’re like to have. So what are we waiting for?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 7 cups of cauliflower florets
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese
Here’s what you do:
1. Before anything else, start preheating your oven to 425 degrees. After that’s ready, get out a large baking sheet with a rim and lay a sheet of aluminum foil down on it. Spray the sheet with non-stick spray and set it aside.
2. After that, break up your cauliflower into bite-sized florets if you bought a whole head of it—otherwise, open up your frozen bag of cauliflower and microwave it to get it to room temperature.
3. When you’re ready, get out a big Ziploc bag and pour in your olive oil and your cauliflower pieces. Zip the bag shut and give it a good shake to get everything evenly coated. After that, add the rest of your ingredients as well and give it all another good shake to coat it in breading. Try to squeeze the bag a little to make sure the breading gets pressed on.
4. When you’re satisfied that your pieces are well-covered, lay them all out on your baking sheet. Spray the cauliflower bites with a little bit of cooking spray and when the oven’s ready, pop it in there for 20 minutes. After the time is up, stir it up and bake for another 10 minutes.
5. After that, take your cauliflower bites out and make sure they’re cooked to your liking. If you’re satisfied, serve them hot and save the rest in an airtight container!
If you’re looking for a satisfying snack that still has some health benefits (and cuts a few carbs), this cheesy crusted cauliflower is definitely worth a try. The recipe is incredibly easy to make and should help you scratch that itch for a cheesy and crunchy treat in the middle of the day. Though the recipe we’ve outlined above is definitely a winner, feel free to experiment with your own combination of spices to give it your own flair. Above all, have fun with the process and let us know how it goes!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: I Wash You Dry