If you are craving a comforting and delicious dish, look no further than this creamy garlic chicken breast recipe from Cafe Delites. It’s chicken with a crispy golden exterior, just like we all love, topped with a delicious sauce. The sauce is probably the best part, infused with the flavors of caramelized onions, and of course, garlic.
It’s both easy to make and takes just under half an hour to cook.
You’ll only need one pan to do it too! Follow along with us as we work through this incredible recipe step by step and check out all of the highlights. The full recipe ingredients list, instructions, and a video of the recipe are included at the bottom of the page.
To begin, the chef starts with chicken breasts sliced nice and thin to make pan-frying them easier.
Each piece of chicken is tossed in garlic, pepper, and salt.
Then a bit of flour and parmesan is combined in a bowl and the chicken breasts are dredged in it.
The pieces of chicken are fried in a mixture of olive oil and butter for a delicious flavor.
The outsides are cooked until golden and crispy.
However, the real secret of the recipe lies in the sauce.
The garlic cloves and onions are sautéed in the same oil. It calls for an entire head of garlic to be used, however, it’s not as overpowering as you might think. The chef explains that caramelizing the cloves for several minutes helps to reduce much of the tangy and strong garlic notes, instead adding a delicious sweetness to the dish.
Lastly, the chef adds stock chicken broth and all of those flavorful browned bits are scraped into it.
The sauce is then completed with either heavy cream or whipping cream. For a lighter consistency, Half & Half or evaporated milk can be substituted.
The chef also notes that if it takes a while to thicken, don’t worry!
Once the chicken breasts are added back into the sauce at the end, the remaining flour on the outside will help out.
It’s best served over mashed potatoes or alongside vegetables such as asparagus or zucchini.
Scroll down for the complete recipe information.
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley
1. Slice the chicken breasts horizontally into four pieces and cover them in salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
2. Combine the flour and parmesan cheese in a bowl and toss the chicken in it.
3. Heat up the olive oil and butter in a pan. Fry the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes on each side until they are golden on the outside and fully cooked through the middle. Move the chicken to a plate.
4. Smash the garlic cloves with the back of your knife and sauté them in the remaining oil in the pan. Add in the onions and cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Add in the chicken broth and scrape the pan with a wooden spoon to get all of the flavors from the charred pieces. Simmer the broth on medium-low heat for 5 minutes until it reduces by half. Add in the cream and simmer for 3 more minutes.
6. Stir in the parmesan cheese and cook it for 2 minutes until it all melts. Season the sauce with a little salt and pepper if necessary.
7. Toss the chicken back in the sauce in the pan and allow it to simmer for around 3 more minutes until the sauce has thickened to the desired consistency.
6. Garnish the dish with fresh parsley and cracked black pepper. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
It’s one of the most delicious chicken dishes that you can make.
Check out the full video of the creamy garlic chicken recipe below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.