What’s the next best thing since the invention of sliced bread? Garlic bread!
It’s hard to believe that someone imagined that something so amazing could be even more amazing.
But someone did, and now we have garlic mozzarella bread… and it is incredibly delicious.
And this recipe is the very best recipe for garlic mozzarella bread.
It’s all the things garlic mozzarella bread should be.
It’s buttery, it’s garlicy, and it’s super cheesy.
The technique of scoring the top and stuffing it with cheese is what gives the loaf its unique look and irresistible taste.
You can also alter this recipe to your liking. Want extra garlic? Add it.
Do you like it more buttery? Use more butter. And you can always add more cheese, if you like your bread extra cheesy.
And technically your baking an entire loaf of bread.
Which is also pretty cool.
Except it’s a lot easier than you think. You can make this thing in under an hour. Just form a dough, stuff it with cheese, pour butter over it, and bake.
Here’s how to make it:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of dry fast-acting yeast
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
- 1 whisked egg
- a sprinkle of all-purpose flour for kneading
- 250 grams of mozzarella or a cheese of your choosing
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- a sharp knife for scoring the bread dough
- egg wash for the edges of the bread
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, then pour your flour into a large bowl
- Step 2: Pour your yeast into the bowl with your flour
- Step 3: Drop your salt and sugar into your mixture
- Step 4: Next, pour in your whisked egg
- Step 5: Your melted butter goes in after that
- Step 6: Stir your mixture together until it’s fully incorporated and dough-like
- Step 7: Flour a flat surface where you will knead your bread
- Step 8: Pour your dough out onto the surface and sprinkle with flour
- Step 9: Begin to knead your dough using your fingers to fold and press your dough
- Step 10: Continue kneading until your dough no longer sticks and your loaf forms into a round loaf
- Step 11: Place your dough on a baking tray and cover with a cloth until it almost doubles in size
- Step 12: Cut your cheese into thick slices
- Step 13: Flatten your bread out
- Step 14: Score the length of your dough with a blade or knife
- Step 15: Score the width of your dough with a blade or knife so that there are squares scored into the top of the dough
- Step 16: Egg wash the edge of your dough
- Step 17: Mix your softened butter and garlic with the scallions and salt until it is soft and spreadable
- Step 18: Spread this mixture evenly over the entire surface of the dough
- Step 19: Stuff pieces of mozzarella or other cheese in between the scored pieces on top of your bread
- Step 20: Sprinkle black pepper across the top of your dough
- Step 21: Bake for 20 to 25 minutes
- Step 22: You might find butter leaking out onto the baking tray. That’s OK! It just means your bread is going to be extra delicious
- Step 23: Then have at it. Eat it while it’s warm so it pulls apart all cheesy and buttery
Check out the video below for a video tutorial on how to make this amazing garlic mozzarella bread recipe.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: Ninik Becker