The holidays are here and that means… so are our sweet tooths. That’s right, it’s the best time of year to break out your cookbooks and whip up your families favorite sweets recipes.
As fun as those classic holiday treats can be, sometimes they get pretty boring to make.
Maybe it’s time to try out a new delicious recipe this season.
Thankfully, with help from The Hillbilly Kitchen, we’ve got a simple and tasty recipe for a no-cook peppermint patty!
This step-by-step recipe will be a new fam favorite and something the kids can even help out with.
It’s time to spice things up this holiday, you won’t regret it.
Things you’ll need:
Peppermint patty filling
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 3 to 4 cups of confectioner sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon peppermint extract OR 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil (x4 stronger than extract)
- if desired vanilla extract
Last but not least…
- melted chocolate and/or white chocolate
- coconut oil
- holiday sprinkles
Now, that you’ve got all the sweet stuff together it’s time to start mixing things up!
- In a large mixing bowl pour in the condensed milk.
2. Then you’ll pour in your peppermint extract OR peppermint oil into the milk so it mixes together nice and easily. Also if you have vanilla extract around you’ll want to add that in now too. Vanilla extract isn’t necessary for this recipe but it really helps bring out the flavors of your peppermint filling.
3. Mix those ingredients by hand. Then you’ll pour about a 1/2 cup of confectioner sugar to start into the mix.
4. You’ll also want to mix by hand or else sugar would be flying everywhere.
5. Once that’s mixed you’ll want to add another 1/2 cup of confectioner sugar until it’s a very stiff dough. You want to make sure it’s not sticky or else you won’t be able to knead it outside of the bowl.
6. After you think the dough is hard enough you’ll want to lay a piece of wax paper on your work station. This is where you’ll be kneading the dough.
7. Pour a bit of confectioner sugar on the wax paper before pulling out the dough. Then you’ll want to take out the dough and knead the confectioner sugar into the dough.
8. Slowly add all of the confectioner sugar to the dough mixture. Then you’ll want to roll out the dough so it’s about a 1/4 inch thick.
9. Then you’ll use a plastic shot glass or medicine measure cup as a dough cutter. That will make you perfect peppermint patty sizes.
10. After that, place your cut dough into the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour so it hardens
11. Once your patties are in the freezer, you’ll want to prep your chocolate for dipping. In a small crockpot you can melt your chocolate and to add more shine to the chocolate you’ll want to add a tablespoon of coconut oil. The oil also helps make the chocolate more liquidy and easier for dipping.
12. Take out your hardened patty dough and get them ready to dip
13. Using a fork you’ll dip the peppermint patty into the chocolate until they’re completely covered.
14. While they’re wet that’s when you’ll want to decorate them with sprinkles so they stick. You can also drizzle white chocolate on the top for some pizazz!
15. After your patties are decorated you’ll want to keep them refridgerated so they stay hardened
That’s a wrap for this delicious recipe. These fun an easy peppermint patties will be a hit at your next function!
To watch the full step-by-step video you’ll want to watch The Hillbilly Kitchen tutorial below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Source: The Hillbilly Kitchen