Do you have a favorite dessert recipe? If you have a sweet tooth, one dessert usually just as good as another. For some of us, a handful of cookies and a tall glass of milk does the trick. On the other hand, a fresh slice of apple pie can be delicious as well. Still, those who like a creamier dessert may be partial to homemade cheesecake—and we have the perfect recipe for it.
Today, we’re making a recipe for authentic German cheesecake that’s so simple to make—and it’s absolutely delicious. Though the flavors are sure to be familiar, this recipe adds in a couple of fruity flourishes to add some extra taste. Although it only uses basic ingredients and is easy to throw together, the end result is one of the best desserts we’ve had in a long time. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 cups of crushed shortbread cookies
- 1 cup of flour
- 32 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
Here’s what you do:
1. To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Get out a nine-inch spring form pie pan and make sure its greased up as well. With that ready, you can start making your pie crust by mixing your cookie crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter in a bowl. Keep mixing it all together until it turns the consistency of wet sand. Finally, press it into your pan and bake it for seven to eight minutes.
2. Let the crust cool while you go on to make the filling. To do this, get out a mixing bowl and throw in your cream cheese, egg yolks, 3/4 cup of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla. Mix everything together well before adding your lemon juice. Gradually add your heavy cream and keep mixing until the entire mixture turns smooth. At the end, add two tablespoons of flour.
3. In a side bowl, beat your egg whites until they form stiff peaks and fold those into the batter as well. Next, put your last six tablespoons of sugar into a bowl with flour and a teaspoon of vanilla in a medium bowl. Gradually knead in your softened butter until the whole thing turns moist and crumbly. Peel, core and slice your apple and toss those in as well.
4. When it’s ready, pour your cheese batter into the crust and sprinkle the top of it with your apple crumb topping. Next, throw it all in the oven and let it bake for 50 minutes to an hour. Take it out when the cake is puffed and lightly brown on top.
5. At the end, let the cake sit in the warm oven for an hour with the door slightly open. Next, cool it off in the fridge before taking it out and sprinkling it with powdered sugar.
While the combination of fruit ingredients may seem unusual, the end result tastes amazing and is completely authentic. The cream filling will be familiar to anyone who loves cheesecake but the dough and the fruit topping take everything to a new level. As always, have fun with the process and let us know what you think!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: 12 Tomatoes