Does anyone out there still drink much soda?
Although I never buy it to drink at home, if I’m out and about I might drink some soda with a fast food meal. For the most part, we think of these drinks as sugary snacks that are best not to have very often (and for good reason). Still, it’s even more rare that we use them in our cooking though maybe we should change that. Today, we’re going to show you how to use a bottle of Dr. Pepper to make some delicious pulled pork with no effort at all. Best of all? You can do the entire thing in your slow cooker. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3-4 pounds of pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 12 ounces of Dr. Pepper
- barbecue sauce (to taste)
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by placing your pork loin right in the middle of the slow cooker.
2. Add your garlic powder, pepper and salt on top of the pork loin as well and roll it all around until all sides are well-coated in it as a dry rub. If you need to add a little extra of any of these ingredients, do so as you wish but keep them all proportional to each other.
3. When it’s completely covered, pour in your Dr. Pepper as well and close the pot up.
4. Set it to cook on low for five hours before opening it up and shredding the meat with two forks.
5. Once it looks good, pour in a few cups of your favorite barbecue sauce. Mix everything up and you’re ready to serve!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.