What comes to mind when you think of pie, berries, and ice cream?
Ohhh, sweets! Anyone up for holiday treats? Perhaps it’s just a little self-indulgence after a long day at work. Yes?
Don’t you worry! There’s an available recipe for you and me. This delectable pastry is the way to go! The recipe is titled “Braided Pie Crust with Berries and Cream Filling,” and the first step involves using a pot lid.
This recipe is inspired by Scrumdiddlyumptious, which brings you the best recipes and cooking hacks that you can easily recreate at home!
“Whether you call it challah or brioche, everyone loves a sweet, eggy bread. Wanna know what makes it even better? Turning it into pie and braiding the crust,” Scrumdiddlyumptious said.
This is a sweetie little pie that tastes like heaven and is simply divine when slathered with jam.
The creator said that they are pleased to present this braided beauty with a delicious cream filling and fresh berries on top.
“This might be the best thing in the world, just saying!” – Scrumdiddlyumptious
Let’s get started on making this recipe a reality! To make it happen, you’ll need the following lists.
Here are the ingredients:
To make yeast dough:
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 4¾ cups flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ stick butter softened
- egg wash (1 whisked egg + 2 tbsp milk)
To make the cream filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- vanilla bean
- powdered sugar
The steps are as follows:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (162 degrees Celsius). Stir 1 packet of active dry yeast into lukewarm milk until dissolved. Knead in the flour, egg, sugar, and butter until the dough is smooth and no longer sticks to your hands. Place in a bowl, cover, and set aside for 45 minutes.
This is the point at which the miracle begins.
2. Sprinkle some flour on a clean counter, roll out the dough into a circle, and press a large pot lid right into the center.
Are you having fun?
3. Make small fringes out of the leftover dough.
Let’s make some art here!
4. Braid the fringes as shown in the video, then place the dough circle on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, and let the dough rest for about 15 minutes.
Another secret revealed!
5. Poke holes in the center of the dough with a fork. Then, whisk together the egg and milk and brush the egg wash over the dough braid.
Prepare the cream filling.
6. Combine all of the filling ingredients and spread on the dough inside the circular braid.
It’s baking time!
7. Put the pie into the oven (preheat) and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Allow the braided pie to cool before garnishing with fresh berries and powdered sugar.
Enjoy this one-of-a-kind baked pastry — where you can serve it hot or cold.
This circular braided pie looks like any other pie, but it packs a powerful punch.
The braid not only adds a cute touch, but the cream cheese filling and fresh berries are delicious. It’s like having the best of both worlds!
So, are you ready to bake? Because there’s more!
Take a look at the video below to see the entire process and get a bonus recipe at the end!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family!