What do you typically use zucchini for in your cooking? Although zucchini can be delicious on its own in a light summer salad, it actually has plenty of uses in baked recipes as well. If you’ve never tried it for yourself, there are plenty of great recipes for zucchini like zucchini muffins and zucchini bread. Still, most of these recipes are more on the savory side and without too many complex flavors. Fortunately, we have a different recipe for you today that brings a dessert-style twist to these recipes.
Today, we’re going to show you how to make a chocolate zucchini bread that can work perfectly as a breakfast slice or as a dessert. Just like any standard zucchini bread recipe, the preparation of the batter is easy enough to do—the only difference is that you add some cocoa powder and chocolate chips and let all of the flavors meld together during the baking process. Although this may sound like an unusual pairing, the end result is sure to change your mind. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded zucchini
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of Dutch cocoa
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of softened butter (unsalted)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of canola oil (vegetable or coconut oil also ok)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
Here’s what you do:
1. Before getting started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Get out a 9×5-inch loaf pan and spray it down with cooking spray as well. In the meantime, get out a medium sized bowl and pour in your flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt. Whisk everything together and set it aside.
2. Next, get out another bowl and add your eggs, melted butter, oil, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Stir everything up well until it all turns smooth—if you end up having a few clumps of brown sugar left in the mix, that’s ok as well.
3. After that, gradually pour your dry mix into the wet ingredients, being careful not to overmix the resulting batter. Pour your shredded zucchini in as well along with 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.
4. With the batter ready, pour it into your greased up loaf pan. Sprinkle the leftover chocolate chips on top of it all at the end and throw the whole thing in the oven. Let the loaf bake for 50 minutes to an hour.
5. After the time is up, take the loaf out and do a toothpick test to make sure it’s cooked all the way through. If everything looks good, let the zucchini bread sit on a wire cooling rack to cool until its just slightly warm. At that point, you’re ready to cut into it and serve it up!
As we said, the recipe for this dish is super easy to make and the final result is so delicious. Even if you’ve never given this a try before, the chocolate and the zucchini mix together for a meal that’s good to eat at any time of day. Add a little extra butter when you serve it to make it even better! As always, have fun with the process and let us know how it all turns out.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: Two Peas And Their Pod