What will you be cooking for your family tonight?
After a long, tiring week, you just want to serve a delicious dish that’s easy to cook. You may have more time during the weekends but you want to spend it with your family, not slaving away in the kitchen for one dish.
This baked chicken recipe is highly recommended because after you’ve prepped it, you can just leave it in the oven. After an hour (remember to set the timer!), you’ve got food to serve.
And while waiting, you were able to spend quality time with your family. And isn’t that more important anyway?
Does your family love chicken and strong flavors?
Then this baked chicken recipe is going to be a hit!
Want to finally learn the recipe? Here it is!
- 600g of chicken breasts
- 150 g of natural yogurt
- 2 potatoes
- 1 spring onion
- 5 mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of olive oil ( 60 ml)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- some mozzarella or cheddar cheese ( optional)
- Slice across each chicken breast with intersecting lines. This will allow the marinade to seep in through the cracks and keep the chicken moist. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the yogurt, olive oil, salt, black pepper, paprika, mustard, and garlic cloves. Mix until they are well-blended.
- Add the chicken breasts into the yogurt spice mixture and make sure all bits are covered with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for an hour.
- Meanwhile, slice the potatoes into medallions. Do the same for the spring onion and mushrooms. Set aside.
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- While you preheat the oven, take your baking pan and grease it with olive oil. Line up the potatoes side-by-side until every inch of the pan is covered. Add the spring onions and then the mushrooms.
- Add the marinated chicken breasts on top and pour the rest of the sauce on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven after the time is up and sprinkle mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese on top. Place it back inside the oven until the cheese melts.
- Serve the dish hot to your family.
If you’ve got young children, you can include them in cooking time. Have them help mix the marinade and line the baking pan with vegetables.
And with this recipe, make sure that you use yogurt for the marinade.
“Yogurt tenderizes meat much more gently and effectively than regular marinades. While acidic vinegar- or citrus-based marinades can toughen proteins like chicken breast to a rubbery consistency, yogurt slowly tenderizes them, resulting in meat that can practically be pulled apart by hand,” Alex Delaney wrote on Bon Appetit.
This is also the perfect dish when you’ve got a potluck lunch or dinner party to attend.
And, judging from the comments on the video, it looks like a lot of people will be preparing (or have prepared) this dish for dinner. And they’ll be able to perfect the recipe by the time the pandemic is under control and public gatherings are possible again.
What do you think?
Would you like to see how the recipe is cooked? Watch the video below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.