Among the thousands upon thousands of dessert recipes, there’s one that just about everybody loves … cheesecake. Even then, you’ll find a wide variety of flavors. But it’s hard to beat a delicious cherry cheesecake.
The only problem is that this particular dessert takes time to make. Sure, you could go with a boxed product but it’s not the same. Well, thanks to a man named Gene Stephens, you can now make dump cherry cheesecake that’s out of this world.
First, coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with spray-on oil. Then, you need to dump in two cans of cherry pie filling. Now, this man states that you can use any flavor of filling you want, including strawberry, apple, blueberry, peach, and so on.
Using a spatula, spread the pie filling so it’s even across the pan. On top of that, you’ll add one large container of whipped cream cheese. Rather than spread this out, you’ll drop tablespoonfuls on top of the filling.
After adding the entire container of the crème cheese, use a spoon, fork, or knife to blend it into the filling. The goal is to mix it in but not all the way. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look pretty.
In a large bowl, dump a full box of French vanilla cake mix. To that, add one and a half sticks of real melted butter. Then with a spatula or fork, thoroughly mix the two ingredients until it looks like crumbs.
Using your hands, crumble the cake and melted butter mixture on top of the pie filling and cream cheese. Make sure to cover as much of the top as possible. When done, no pie filling should show through.
Place the dump cherry cheesecake in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven. This recipe takes between 45 and 55 minutes to bake. But at the 45-minute mark, check it every five minutes to ensure you don’t overcook it … when ready, it’ll have a nice, light golden brown color.
This fabulous recipe doesn’t call for many ingredients yet it’s amazing.
- Spray-on cooking oil
- 2 cans of pie filling (any flavor you prefer)
- 1 large container whipped cream cheese
- 1 box of French vanilla cake mix
- 1 1/2 sticks of real butter, melted
To make this yummy dump cherry cheesecake, follow these easy instructions.
- Coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with spray-on cooking oil
- Put two cans of pie filling in the pan (whatever flavor you prefer)
- Dollop on whipped cream cheese, followed by mixing it gently into the filling
- In a large bowl, add one package of boxed French vanilla cake mix
- To the cake, add 1 1/2 sticks of real melted butter, mix well until it resembles large crumbs
- Using your hands, crumble the cake and butter mixture on top of the pie filling and crème cheese
Place in a preheated 350-degree F oven
- Bake for 45 minutes then check the cheesecake every five minutes until the top is golden brown
If wanted, you can put a dollop of whipped cream cheese or ice cream on top of each serving. Although this isn’t a low-fat dessert, it’s an awesome choice for any occasion. You can always experiment, too, making cheesecake bars.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.