Hello cake lovers! We have another recipe to share, thanks to All Recipes for sharing this mouth-watering pound cake recipe that the entire family will love.
If you are the type of person who loves cakes and apples, then this one is definitely for you!
This is another combination that has a unique punch. Fresh apples in a cake? Why not?
What is a pound cake?
I will give you a clue, or is it really a clue? The keyword here is “pound.”
According to Wikipedia:
“Pound cake is a type of cake traditionally made with a pound of each of four ingredients: flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. Pound cakes are generally baked in either a loaf pan or a Bundt mold, and served either dusted with powdered sugar, lightly glazed, or sometimes with a coat of icing.”
They also wrote a bit of history about the cake.
“It is believed that the pound cake is of northern European origin that dates back to the early 1700s. A recipe for pound cake is in the first U.S. cookbook, American Cookery, which was published in 1796. Over time the ingredients for pound cake changed.”
Enough with history, let’s get down to business.
Go ahead and grab the ingredients below at your local supermarket.
The fresher the ingredient, the better!
- Two (2) cups of white sugar
- Two (2) teaspoons of vanilla extract
- One and a half (1 ½) cups of vegetable oil
- Three (3) large eggs
- Three (3) cups of all-purpose flour
- One (1) teaspoon of salt
- One (1) teaspoon of baking soda
- Half (½) teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Two (2) medium Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored, and chopped
- One (1) cup of chopped walnuts
- Half (½) cup of butter or margarine
- Half (½) cup of brown sugar
- Two (2) teaspoons milk
Note: When it comes to ingredients, always pick the freshest of the fresh, especially for the packed ones. Fresh is always the best.
Now, if you have everything ready, then it’s time to get things started.
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). While waiting, grease a 9 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large container or bowl, pour the sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs. Then beat it using an electric mixer until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Then set aside mixture after.
- In a different large bowl, pour your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir and make sure that each ingredient has blended enough.
- Combine each mixture and beat it using an electric mixer. Mix thoroughly into a batter.
- Next, pour the chopped apples and walnuts and mix them.
- Then pour it into the prepared pan. Bake it for 1 hour and 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the crown of the cake comes out clean. Let it cool for about 20 minutes then invert on to a wire rack.
- To prepare the glaze, heat the butter, milk, and brown sugar in a small pan over medium heat. Boil until it becomes thick enough and sugar granules are dissolved, then remove it from heat.
- Finally, pour it all over the hot cake. Make sure to let it drip all the way to the bottom and that the entire cake is covered with glaze.
Serve while hot and enjoy this delicious cake recipe featuring our all-time favorite fruit. Go ahead and try making one, then let us know your thoughts about it.
Watch the quick tutorial video below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.