Mexican food is most people’s go-to comfort food. It’s always so dependable, so delicious, and so comforting.
And of course, it is. It’s got protein, vegetables, bread, and lots of cheese.
Plus it’s quite easy to make, too!
If you’re a mom or dad and you’ve got young children, this is a great recipe to get everyone involved. That’s some quality bonding time right there.
View this post on Instagram
Want the recipe? Here it is!
Chicken Fajita Crunchwrap
- 7 tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4oz shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 4oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange 6 tortillas around a cast-iron skillet. Place 5 tortillas around the edge of the skillet with half the tortilla hanging off the skillet. Place 1 tortilla in the middle.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, sliced onions, and the sliced chicken breasts in a medium bowl. Add paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and olive oil. Mix everything together.
Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese and half of Monterey jack cheese on the tortillas.
- When the chicken and vegetables are done baking, add them on top of the cheese. Add tomatoes, scallions, chili pepper, and cilantro. Add the rest of the cheese on top.
- Cover it with the 7th tortilla and fold the overlapping tortillas towards the middle.
- Lower the heat of the oven to 350°F. Place the skillet with the tortilla wrap in the middle inside and bake for 40 minutes.
- When it’s done, transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.
- You can also serve it with sour cream, or salsa, or both.
Are you salivating, friends?
Just reading this recipe is making us hungry!
You can serve this for a Friday night dinner for your family. Everyone loves eating with their hands and making a mess. It’s just the perfect way to have a relaxing time with your family.
You can also bring this to a potluck dinner (when it’s safe to meet with other people) or send it over to a neighbor.
And the best part about this dish is you can change up the protein and vegetables used.
You can also use corn, papaya, jicama, or tomatillos. You can use beef or shrimp. If you want to make it a vegetarian fajita, you can use mushrooms, eggplant, or tofu. And if you want to make it vegan, use vegan cheese, which is available in markets or online.
And if you don’t have a cast-iron skillet, you can also use a stainless steel pan. And if you really don’t have this, use a baking pan.
Just make sure you don’t use a Teflon pan because of its plastic handle.
If you’re pressed over time, you can also batch cook the vegetables way ahead so you just have to assemble the tortillas, the cheese, and the rest. Once it’s baking in the oven, set a timer so you can either create a drink to go with it.
Make a limonada by blending two whole limes, peeled, seeded, and quartered, four cups of water, half a cup of sugar, and ice cubes. Add more water before serving.
Or you can make your own flavored soda by mixing freshly squeezed citrus juice (grapefruit, orange, or lemon works), club soda, and agave nectar.
If you happen to have leftovers (doubt you will), store them inside the fridge in an airtight container. Reheat in oven, toaster, or pan on the stove.
Are you ready to make this scrumptious dish? Get ready and watch the video below!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.