Imagine yourself having the worst day ever and the only solution to that is some good ‘ol restaurant food. The smell of food outside the restaurant, the cleanliness of the place and the perfect service the restaurant provides – all of these just to end the worst day ever.
But not all restaurants have these qualities – and might just make your day even worse.
Here we have a list of 53 restaurant red flags you have to watch out for.
1. Although having to wait for a table on a weekend can be irritating, it’s also a good sign.
2. Popeye’s: Shrimp Po’Boy
3. Chipotle: Tacos
4. Steak ’n’ Shake: Chili or Shakes
5. Bojangle’s: Chicken Rice Bowl with a Biscuit
6. Arby’s: Roast Beef
7. 7-Eleven: Hot Dogs, Taquitos, and Other Food in the Warmer
8. Don’t eat at seafood places that smell fishy when you walk in.
9. Don’t eat there if the food pictures on the menu seem like they’re not pictures of the actual food served there.
10. If the area around the restaurant is busy but the restaurant isn’t, you probably shouldn’t eat there.
11. Do your best to eat at places where the staff seems to get along and have a smooth system going.
12. If it’s really busy and the managers aren’t helping out, you might be in a bad restaurant.
13. Watch to see if there are any servers hanging out post-shift eating the food themselves.
14. Do your best to avoid buffets and salad bars.
15. If your server recommends an item that isn’t the highest price thing on the menu, get it!
16. As a general rule, skip on the lemons in your water.
17. Beware a restaurant where the waiters don’t want to take your food back to the kitchen.
18. Stay away from restaurants that have two (or more) distinct food styles on the menu if it’s not a fusion restaurant.
19. If a place keeps claiming that they’re under new management, you should probably steer clear.
20. Stay away from places that offer customers coupons for good Yelp reviews.
21. Don’t go into restaurants that seem to have a “street team.”
22. If nobody greets you at the door, it’s not going to get much better from there.
23. If the place is empty but you’re still waiting to be seated, you may want to cut your losses.
24. Try to avoid restaurants that have particularly dirty carpets laid down.
25. If the bathrooms are in bad shape, the rest of the place is likely to be in bad shape as well.
26. If the parking lot is filthy of your cars are facing open dumpsters and what not, walk away.
27. If most of their promotion and positive reviews online are from influencers, be careful.
28. Stay away from places that are populated exclusively with tourists.
29. Little Caesar’s: breadsticks
ALWAYS avoid these fast food items!