Do you have a favorite dinner that you and your family eat? Although we always want to eat well and to cook delicious meals for the people we love, it can be hard to constantly come up with fresh recipes that are both tasty and easy to make fresh. On the other hand, sometimes the problem is simply that we don’t have enough variety in our dinner menus and we start making the same trusty recipes too often. In either case, we have the perfect recipe for you to add into your rotation today.
Because chicken is a good protein source with a lighter flavor, it’s often a popular choice for a variety of recipes. Still, baked chicken or chicken that doesn’t have any special dimension going for it can get a little bit boring—but not this one. Today, we’re going to make garlic herb chicken with asparagus in less than a half hour. To make things even better, we’re only going to use one pan to do it. Fortunately, this recipe has a good way to prepare the meat with some vegetables as well so that everything is ready for a balanced dinner. So let’s get started!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3-6 chicken thighs or boneless chicken breasts
- 1 pound of trimmed asparagus
- 3 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- fresh herbs to garnish (optional)
Here’s what you do:
1. To begin, make sure to prepare your chicken by peeling the skin off and otherwise cleaning it off however you see fit. If using chicken breasts, be sure to pound them down to about 1/2 an inch thick before continuing with the recipe. When they’re ready, season your chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and melt two tablespoons of butter in a skilled on medium-high heat. Stir in your minced garlic and herbs and cook until it becomes fragrant.
2. Once you’ve done that, turn the heat down to medium and add your chicken to the pan as well. Cook each side for about five to seven minutes before flipping the chicken over and cooking on the other side for the same amount of time. After you’ve seared both the sides, the chicken should be almost cooked all the way through but not quite.
3. Move your chicken over to one side of the pan and add in your last tablespoon of butter. When it melts, throw in your asparagus (though make sure you’ve trimmed off the tough, starchy ends first). Add salt and pepper to your liking and keep cooking the asparagus, moving them around in the butter for about four to six minutes (and until the chicken is cooked all the way through).
4. When you’re done, serve everything immediately and garnish it all with fresh black pepper and your freshly chopped herbs if you have them handy!
As you can see, this recipe is results in some perfectly cooked chicken with a side of vegetables without much fuss at all. As we said at the outset, all of this should only take you about a half hour and it results in some tasty chicken along with a buttery side of asparagus. While the seasoning mixture we mentioned here is all partitioned into separate pieces, you can substitute one and a half teaspoons of general Italian seasoning instead if it’s easier. Above all, if you’re looking for a simple recipe that’s balanced and nutritious, this one just might be right for you. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe out for yourself? Let us know how it went in the comments.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Source: Le Creme de la Crumb