1. Instant Pot Beef Stew
2 stalks celery, diagonally sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
6 carrots, diagonally sliced in thick pieces
1/2 cup tomato juice
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon sugar
Place the beef, celery, onion, carrots, tomato juice, tapioca, salt and sugar into the Instant Pot. Pick the stew/ meat setting (which is about 35 minutes on high pressure). Once it has finished cooking, let everything sit for about 10 minutes before releasing the steam from the pot. At this point, it is done, but you can brown it in the oven for a little bit of extra yumminess.
Traditional Oven Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Put all beef, celery, onion, carrots, tomato juice, tapioca, salt and sugar in a baking dish—can be either glass or ceramic, whatever you have on hand. Cover with foil and bake for 3-4 hours. If the gravy dries, you can in a little water to loosen it before serving.
Browning In The Oven:
1. After the dish has finished cooking in the Instant Pot or the oven, place in the oven on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for ten to twenty minutes, uncovered, before serving. This will help the meat on top get caramelized and helps the gravy thicken.
2. Instant Pot Salmon With Chile-Lime Sauce
2 5 ounce salmon fillets
1 cup water
sea salt (to taste)
ground pepper (to taste)
For chile-lime sauce
1 juiced lime
2 minced cloves of garlic
1 seeded and diced jalapeno
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon hot water
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2. Add water to Instant Pot.Place salmon fillets on top of steam rack in the pot. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cover and lock lid. Select steam mode and adjust cooking to 5 minutes at high pressure. Once finished, use the quick release to release the steam pressure and stop the cooking.
4. Transfer to plate and serve with sauce and veggies to your liking (we put it on top of a salad).
3. 30 Minute Creamy Chicken Pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 chicken breasts
1 can of mushroom soup or heavy cream
1/2 pound pasta of your choice
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2 – 3 cups steamed veggies of your choice
2. Add chicken stock, cream of mushroom stock and pasta to Instant Pot. Stir well so pasta is evenly distributed and is covered by liquid. Add cooked chicken on top.
3. Close lid and cook on manual for 4 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to natural release on its own for four more minutes, then release the remaining steam by flipping the Venting valve.
4. While the chicken and pasta is cooking, steam veggies of choice on stove. We used spinach, but you can use whatever you have available.
5. Once Instant Pot is done, remove chicken breasts and cut them into but size pieces. Then add pasta, chicken, mozzarella cheese and steamed veggies together, stir and serve immediately.
4. Portobello Pot Roast
1 pound baby mushrooms (if they’re large, cut them in half)
2 large carrots, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
2 cups frozen pearl onions
4 cloves garlic, minced and peeled
3 sprigs fresh thyme
3 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup dry red wine or white win
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
1. Add mushrooms, carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic, thyme, 2.5 cups vegetable stock, wine tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce together in the slow cooker and stir until combined. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together cornstarch and the remaining 1/2 cup vegetable stock. Add to the roast mixture after it has finished cooking. Continue to cook for 1-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.
Instant Pot Method
1. Add mushrooms, carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic, thyme, 2.5 cups vegetable stock, wine tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Close lid and set vent to Sealing.
2. Press Manuel, then press Pressure until the light on High Pressure turns on. Then turn the time to 20 minutes. Cook.
3. Let the pressure release naturally, which should take about 15 minutes. Turn the vent to venting to make sure that any extra pressure has been released. Remove the lid.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together cornstarch and the remaining 1/2 cup vegetable stock. Add to the roast and toss to combine. Cook for an additional 1-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens up.
5. Serve hot and enjoy.
5. Instant Pot Easy Mac And Cheese
4 tablespoons butter
4 cups water
2 teaspoons dry ground mustard
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup evaporated milk
8 ounces cheddar cheese
8 ounces Monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2. Once complete, use quick release on the Instant Pot. Open lid and check that pasta is cooked thoroughly. If it is not cooked thoroughly, select sauté and cook for another two minutes until the pasta is cooked.
3. Add in cheeses and evaporated milk. Continue to stir until combined and creamy. Add any salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve immediately.
6. Instant Pot Chicken And Rice
3 small diced shallots
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cloves fresh minced garlic
1 1/2 cups uncooked white jasmine rise rinsed and drained (Note: do not skip this step! Rice may scorch if not rinsed)
2 cups chicken stock broth
2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme leaves
salt and pepper
2. Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting, preheat until the display says the Instant Pot is “hot.”
3. Put chicken in pan. Sear chicken thighs for 4 minutes on each side.
4. Remove chicken and set aside.
5. Add 1/4 cup broth to deglaze the plan, then scrape the bits with wooden spoon (don’t skip this step – even if you want to). If there are any spots that are stuck, make sure to lift them off the pan with a wooden spoon.
6. Add mushroom, shallots and carrots and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
7. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
8. Add remaining chicken stock, rice, thyme and stir together.
9. Place chicken thighs on top of mixture. Do not stir them in.
10. Place the lid and lock, setting the valve to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for eight minutes and then allow the Instant Pot to release naturally for ten minutes. After ten minutes, you may quick releasing any remaining pressure.
11. Once pressure is released remove lid. Use forks to shred the chicken.
12. Serve immediately.
7. Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chili
1 pound of ground meat of your choice
1.5 cups of cubed sweet potatoes
1 14 ounce can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
214 ounce cans of black beans drained and rinsed
2 14 ounce cans of crushed tomatoes
2 cups of vegetable stock
2 cloves of smashed garlic
1/3 cup of your favorite taco seasoning
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
2. Return the liner to the Instant Pot and add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss in the finely chopped onions and smashed garlic cloves. Cover the pot with a standard lid until translucent and then lightly brown. You don’t want to skip this step asa ton of great flavor comes from this step!
3. Pour in the meat, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, vegetable stock, and taco seasoning and stir until everything is fully mixed. Make sure that the meat is crumbled into small pieces.
4. Check the seal and twist the locking lid. Then change the setting from sauté to manual, and select high pressure for eight minutes.
5. When the pot beeps, use the natural pressure release for 2-4 minutes before opening the release valve.
6. Let cool for a few minutes, then eat.
8. Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Lasagna
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
4 small flour tortillas
1 1/2 cup salsa
1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2. Spread refried beans evenly on three of the flour tortillas.
3. Place the first tortilla in the pan and 1/3 of chicken to it on top of the refried beans.
4. Add 1/4 of salsa on top of chicken then add 1/4 of the cheese on top of the salsa.
5. Repeat these steps with the other two tortillas.
6. Add the last tortilla and top with the remaining cheese and salsa.
7. Add trivet to Instant Pot, along with 1/2 cup of water. Place lasagna on trivet, lock the lid and turn the pressure release to the back.
8. Use the manual button to cook for 10 minutes.
9. When finished, move the release button to vent for a quick release.
10. Take out the pan and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
9. Instant Pot Spicy Eggplant Stew
1/4 cup olive oil
2 eggplants, cut into large chunks
1 yellow eggplant, chopped
8-10 leaves basil
1 medium chili pepper
2 tablespoons capers
1 1/2 cup fresh or canned tomatoes
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons tomato paste
sugar to taste
salt to taste
2. Heat olive oil, then add chili and minced garlic cloves.
3. Fry for 30 seconds. Then add in eggplant and onion. Sauté for 5-6 minutes, keeping an eye on it and stirring occasionally.
4. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until combined together.
5. Cover with lid and turn the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes, you can either use the quick release or let the pressure release naturally.
10. Instant Pot Tuscan White Bean Soup
1 cup diced celery
2 cups chopped leek
2 cups diced carrots
1 1/2 cups diced zucchini
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
4 cloves minced garlic
3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
4 cups vegetable stock
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning herb mix
1/2 bunch fresh chopped parsley
thinly sliced rounds of lemon
1 bunch shredded kale
1 pound Italian sausage links (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
2. Close and seal Instant Pot, set for five minutes on high on the manual setting.
3. Let the pressure release naturally. If using sausage links, remove and slice into small pieces. Put pieces back in soup.
4. Stir in kale, parsley and lemon into soup. Season and serve hot.