If you cook a lot, chances are you’ve tried nearly every recipe that there is from the standard sources. Whether you get your cooking inspiration from cookbooks or from food sites on the internet, sometimes we want another source for recipes. If you spend much time on social media, you probably know that there are plenty of celebrities and other pop cultural figures who have tried their hand at cooking as well. Still, what you might not know is that a lot of these recipes actually taste delicious! No matter whether you love Chrissy Teigen or Marilyn Monroe (or both), we’ve got you covered. Here are 10 of the most delicious celebrity recipes we’ve ever tried.
1. Laura Bush’s Cowboy Cookies
1 1/2 cups of butter (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 1/2 cups of light-brown sugar
3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 cups of rolled oats
2 cups of sweetened flake coconut
2 cups of chopped pecans
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon of baking soda
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of salt
2. Next, mix together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In another bowl, beat together the butter with an electric mixer until it turns creamy. Next, add in your sugars and mix everything up until it’s well-combined.
4. Add your eggs in one at a time and beat the batter up each time. Add your vanilla in as well.
5. Add your flour mixture in as well and beat everything on low until it combines. Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut, oats and pecans as well.
6. When you’re all done, scoop the dough out in quarter-cup portions onto a baking sheet. Make sure each one is three inches apart.
7. Bake the cookies for 15 to 17 minutes and turn the sheets halfway through the cook time. When they’re done, take them out of the oven, let them cool on wire racks and enjoy!
2. Oprah’s Love Sandwich
1 teaspoon of light mayonnaise
3 ounces of thinly sliced turkey
2 ounces of thinly sliced pepper jack cheese
2 basil leaves
electric panini grill
2. Brush one side of each of your slices with olive oil and place them with the oiled side down. Brush the other side with a teaspoon of light mayo.
3. Split your turkey, cheese and basil leaves between the two slices of bread.
4. When the sandwich is ready, put it together and put it in the preheated panini press and grill it for three to five minutes. If preparing it in a skillet, cook for several minutes on each side until it turns golden and crispy. When it’s done, cut into it and serve!
3. Chrissy Teigen’s Slow-Scrambled Eggs
1/4 cup of heavy cream
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 tablespoons of chopped herbs
cooked bacon (for serving)
2. In the mean time, heat up a large non-stick skillet over low heat. Add butter to the pan and let it melt and froth a bit before adding your eggs.
3. Use a spatula to keep stirring the eggs until it forms very soft curds. Gently graze and pull around the pan, pushing all the eggs from the outside into the middle. Keep moving everything towards the middle until the eggs are done (about 20 to 30 minutes)!
4. When everything is done, add chopped herbs and serve with bacon.
4. Marilyn Monroe’s Stuffing
1/2 pound of chicken or turkey livers
1/2 pound of ground beef
1 tablespoon of oil
4 chopped celery stalks
1 onion, chopped
2 cups of chopped parsley
2 hard-boiled eggs
1 1/2 cups of raisins
1 cup of grated Parmesan
1 1/4 cups of chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons of dried rosemary
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
2 teaspoons of dried thyme
3 bay leaves
1 tablespoon of salt-free poultry seasoning
1 tablespoon of kosher salt
1 tablespoon of pepper
2. Boil your livers for eight minutes in salted water and chop them up into pieces no than a bean.
3. Heat a skillet up to medium-high and brown the ground beef in oil, stirring it up periodically and breaking it up.
4. Get out a big mixing bowl and combine your bread, livers, beef, celery, onion, parsley, eggs, raisins, Parmesan and nuts. Toss everything around to combine.
5. Whisk together your rosemary, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper as well. Spread it over the stuffing and mix again.
6. Refrigerate and cover the mix until you’re ready to bake. When you’re ready, scoop it into a baking dish and bake it at 350 degrees for an hour!
5. Beyoncé’s Guacamole
1 clove of garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons of lime juice
2. Add your onion, garlic, tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper and mix everything up.
3. Once it’s all combined, put the bowl in the fridge and put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
4. After that, take it out, serve with corn chips and enjoy!
6. Patti LaBelle’s Rainbow Mac and Cheese
1 pound of macaroni
9 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of shredded muenster cheese
1/2 cup of shredded mild cheddar
1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar
1/2 cup of shredded Monterey jack cheese
2 cups of half-and-half
8 ounces of cubed Velveeta cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt
1/8 teaspoon of ground pepper
2. Bring a big pot of water to a rapid boil and add macaroni and a tablespoon of oil.
3. Cook the macaroni for seven minutes until it becomes tender.
4. Drain the pasta and put it back in the pot.
5. In a sauce pan, melt eight tablespoons of butter and stir it into the macaroni.
6. In a big bowl, combine all your shredded cheese.
7. Add a cup and a half of cheese, half-and-half, cubed Velveeta, eggs, seasoning salt and pepper to the macaroni. Mix everything together.
8. Transfer it all into your buttered casserole dish and top it off with shredded cheese. Dot the top of it with one tablespoon of butter.
9. Bake the dish for 30 to 35 minutes until it turns bubbly and the edges are golden brown.
10. When it’s done, cut into it and serve!
7. Meghan Markle’s Zucchini Bolognese Pasta
5 chopped zucchini
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup of water
3/4 pound of rigatoni
1 cup of grated Parmesan
juice of half a lemon
red pepper flakes
2. Stir in your zucchini, water and bouillon cube and season it all with salt and pepper.
3. Turn the heat down to low and cover the pot. Let it all cook for four hours, stirring frequently. When it’s ready, the zucchini will all break down and turn mushy.
4. Just before the time is up, boil a pot of salted water and add your rigatoni. Cook the noodles according to the instructions and drain them.
5. Season your sauce with salt and pepper and stir in the lemon juice. Add Parmesan and red pepper flakes, mix with the noodles and serve!
8. Sheryl Crow’s Roasted Spring Veggies and Quinoa
1 cup of diced zucchini
1 cup of diced yellow squash
1 red onion, diced
4 cups of cooked quinoa
2 cups of fresh spinach
1/2 cup of roasted red peppers, diced
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of canola oil
2 teaspoons of maple syrup
2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons of chopped basil
1 teaspoon of chopped dill
1 teaspoon of chopped tarragon
1/4 cup of olive oil
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with oil.
3. In a big bowl, mix your asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash and onion. Sprinkle it with garlic powder and canola oil and toss it around to coat. Add salt and pepper at the end.
4. Spread the vegetables around the baking sheet and roast it until it softens for 10 to 12 minutes. Take it out of the oven and set it aside so that it cools.
5. In the meantime, whisk together your maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, basil, dill and tarragon. Add salt and pepper and gradually whisk in olive oil.
6. In another bowl, toss your roasted veggies with cooked quinoa, spinach and red peppers. Drizzle your olive oil mix over the top and toss it around.
7. After that, cover the bowl and refrigerate it for 12 hours. When it’s cool enough, serve!
9. Alicia Silverstone’s Pumpkin Pie
1 package of silken tofu
1 nine-inch vegan pie shell
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 teaspoon of allspice
1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
2-3 tablespoons of cornstarch
2. Blend together your pumpkin and sugar before adding salt, spices, cornstarch and tofu. Mix everything up.
3. Pour the mix into your pie shell and bake it for 15 minutes. After that, lower the heat to 350 degrees and bake for another hour.
4. When it’s all done, chill the pie and serve!
10. John Wayne’s Cheese Casserole
1 pound of grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 pound of grated cheddar cheese
4 egg whites
4 egg yolks
2 sliced tomatoes
2/3 cup of canned evaporated milk
1 tablespoon of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of pepper
2. Next, mix your cheese and chilies together in a big bowl and pour it into a buttered casserole pan.
3. After that, mix your egg whites together until they form stiff peaks. In another bowl, mix your yolks, milk, flour, salt and pepper as well.
4. Pour that mix over your cheese and mix it all up with a fork.
5. When it’s ready, put the dish in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes.
6. After that, add your sliced tomatoes on top and bake it for another 30 minutes.
No matter who your favorite celebrities are, chances are they have at least one of their own signature recipes available on the internet. Though we’ve only given a preview here, all of these recipes are delicious and easy enough to make any time. Whether you’re looking for a light snack, a tasty dinner or a sweet dessert, there should be enough on this list to keep you busy. Have you given any of these recipes a try? Which ones are your favorites? Let us know in the comments area below.