Though we all love fresh-baked foods and complex casseroles, it can sometimes be too much work to commit to during the work week. You have to get out all kinds of dishes to measure everything out, combine it all in the right way and hope it turns out once it goes in the oven. As it turns out, you don’t always have to put so much effort in—you can use way fewer ingredients and still come up with delicious meals. Don’t believe us? We’ll show you! Here are 10 of the most delicious three-ingredient recipes we’ve ever come across.
1. Hazelnut Brownies
Everybody loves fresh brownies but not everybody wants to actually walk through the all the steps. Although you can always buy a box of mix and add in all the other ingredients, it’s still quite a bit of work. Fortunately, we have a brownie recipes that uses only three ingredients and ends up tasting incredible! With no further ado, here’s how you make some three-step hazelnut brownies:
1 1/4 cup of Nutella
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of flour
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. In the meantime, grease up a nine-by-nine inch baking pan as well.
2. Add all your ingredients into a big bowl and mix it together until the batter turns smooth.
3. Pour the batter into a pan and smooth the top over with a spatula.
4. When it’s ready, bake it for about 15 minutes until a toothpick put in comes out cleanly. Let them cool off and set a bit before cutting in and enjoying!
2. Buttermilk Biscuits
Buttermilk biscuits go perfectly with all sorts of savory meals you might want to make. Still, the usual perception of homemade biscuits is that they’re a huge pain in the neck to make. Just like all the other recipes on this list, this one can be made with only three ingredients as well—and they’re still so flaky and delicious. Here’s how you do it:
2 cups of self-rising flour
1/4 cup of chilled vegetable shortening
2/3 cup of buttermilk
1. Begin by putting a rack in the middle of your oven and preheat it all to 500 degrees. Grease up a rimmed baking sheet with butter or nonstick spray.
2. Put two cups of flour in a big bowl and cut in your shortening with a pastry cutter. Keep cutting up the butter until it forms pea-sized lumps and stir in your buttermilk as well until it forms a rough dough.
3. Flour down a work surface and turn your dough out over it, kneading it several times so that it all comes together (without overworking it). Roll the dough out until it’s half an inch thick and cut it up with a two-inch biscuit cutter.
4. Move the biscuits onto a baking sheet and bake them for six to eight minutes until they turn golden brown.
5. Move the biscuits to a wire rack, let them cool and enjoy!
3. No-Stress Macaroni and Cheese
Although macaroni and cheese is relatively easy to make no matter how you do it, homemade macaroni and cheese is always the best tasting. Still, you can make mac and cheese even easier than you do normally. While some of these recipes are fun cooking hacks and tricks to make your kitchen life a little more exciting, this is one of those three ingredient recipes that is a true meal. Here’s how you do it:
2 cups of milk
2 cups of pasta shells
1 cup of white cheddar cheese
1. Begin by adding your milk and pasta into a saucepan over medium heat. Bring it up to a simmer.
2. Cook it all for 20 minutes and stir it frequently, making sure you don’t boil the milk.
3. When the pasta is cooked al dente, take it off the heat and add in your cheese.
4. Stir everything up until it melts together. Add a little more milk if you want it creamier before adding salt and serving.
4. Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
Who doesn’t love good peanut butter cookies? Though they definitely taste amazing, we’ve covered again and again the fact that nobody wants to spend hours in front of the oven. In fitting with the theme of this list, why not try a version that only uses three ingredients and takes way less time to prepare? As it turns out, these tasty snacks are also gluten-free. Here’s how you do it:
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of peanut butter
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir all your ingredients together until they turn smooth.
3. When you’re ready, scoop the dough onto a Silpat or a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press into the top of the dough with a fork in both directions to flatten them down.
4. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes in the oven (this dough will not spread at all while cooking). When they’re done, let them cool for one to two minutes and enjoy!
5. Paleo Pancakes
If you’ve ever tried the paleo diet, you know that it can be difficult to find delicious substitutes for the carb-heavy recipes you usually enjoy. Fortunately, we’ve got a tasty recipe you can try out that’s so simple to make and will satisfy any sweet tooth you may have. We’re talking about paleo pancakes, made by combining bananas, eggs and coconut flour. Once you try them, you’re sure to make them again and again. Here’s how you do it:
6 large eggs
1/3 cup of coconut flour
1. Begin by preheating your non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. Next, put your bananas, eggs, coconut flour and two pinches of salt into a blender. Puree everything up until it turns smooth. Make sure you blend the batter until it turns thick but still liquid enough to pour.
3. When it looks good, brush your skillet with coconut oil and pour the batter in in three-inch circles. Move the skillet around to spread the batter into a wider circle and cook it for two to four minutes.
4. Flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook for another few minutes on the other side until both sides are golden brown.
5. When they’re done, add some jam or syrup if you wish and enjoy!
6. Chocolate Croissants
Croissants are one of the more pain-staking recipes that anyone could make, so you may be skeptical of just how this version could exist. We’ll be the first to admit that we’re bending the rules a little bit by including this… but the end result is so good and it’s such a great cooking hack overall that we have to include it anyway. If you love croissants or you’re looking for a sweet breakfast snack, these are definitely for you. Here’s how you make them:
1/2 package of puff pastry sheets
2/3 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Begin by heating your oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat together your egg with a little bit of water in a bowl with a fork before setting it aside.
3. Next, flour down a work surface and turn out your pastry sheet onto it. Add a little flour and roll it into a 16-inch square.
4. Cut the sheet into four even rectangles and then cut the rectangles diagonally into triangles.
5. Put two teaspoons of chocolate chips in the middle of each triangle and roll each one up from the wider end first. Put the croissant with the seam-side down onto a baking sheet.
6. Bend each one with a crescent shape and brush the top of each one with your egg wash.
7. When they’re all ready, bake your croissants for 20 to 25 minutes and enjoy!
7. Orange Sorbet
Everyone likes ice cream but we never try to make it ourselves. Anyone who has tried this knows that the process can be quite complex and tedious, with no guarantee that the texture will come out right in the end. Fortunately, we have a guilt-free, simple recipe for something like ice cream that should satisfy your sweet tooth. Unlike making ice cream, this one couldn’t be easier to throw together. Here’s how you do it:
2 cups of fresh orange juice (of roughly six oranges)
4-6 tablespoons of sugar
1-2 tablespoons of water
1. Begin by juicing your oranges if you haven’t already.
2. Next, pour your sugar and a tablespoon of water into a small saucepan and heat it up on low so that the sugar dissolves.
3. When a syrup starts to form, add your orange juice and sweeten it to taste. Chill the juice for an hour or until it turns cold.
4. To turn it into sorbet, pour the liquid into a freezer-safe try and let it freeze a bit before taking it out and whisking it again to break up the ice crystals. Repeat this several times until it all thickens.
5. When the sorbet is the right consistency, scoop it into bowl and serve!
To switch things up and make a sauce that you can use with all kinds of different meals, why not try a simple pesto recipe? If you’ve never had it before, fresh pesto packs a refreshing and delicious taste that goes well on bread, pasta and sandwiches, among other things. Though the standard version of pesto uses a few more ingredients than this one does, this stripped down version still tastes great (and if you’re feeling pressed, you can always add the other stuff in at your leisure). Here’s how you do it:
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
4 cups of basil
1. Begin by putting your basil and olive oil in a food processor.
2. Add your salt and pepper and pulse the ingredients together to blend them. Keep blending it all up until it turns creamy.
3. Open the processor and taste it. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy! If you’re using extra ingredients, you can always add in pine nuts and parmesan as well.
9. Cacio e Pepe
If you go to an upscale Italian restaurant, a nice Cacio e Pepe dish could cost you quite a bit of money. Fortunately, you can also make it right at home using only three ingredients—and it still tastes so delicious. Though you can dress this up as much as you’d like, the simple version still works perfectly. Here’s how you make it:
2 1/2 cups of grated Pecorino Romano
2 tablespoons of fresh-ground pepper
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound of spaghetti
1. Begin by mixing together your cheese and pepper together. Add your oil and 3/4 cup of cold water, mashing everything up with a fork.
2. Keep mashing until it forms a thick paste and spread it around evenly in the bowl.
3. Next, cook your pasta in boiling water until it’s al dente.
4. When the noodles are done, use tongs to to put the pasta in the sauce (keep the liquid in the pot). Stir it around until it’s well-coated.
5. Add some pasta water to the noodles and sauce as necessary to thin it out slightly. When you’re satisfied, serve with cheese and pepper!
10. Coca-Cola Glazed Chicken
Last but not least, we have a delicious and easy recipe for you to that yields sweet and tender chicken using some unlikely ingredients. We’re talking about this tangy, Coca-Cola glazed chicken dish which you can make on the stovetop. Like all the other recipes we’ve covered, all you have to do is throw a few ingredients together. Here’s how you make it:
2 liters of Coca-Cola
1. Begin by boiling your chicken drumsticks in water on the stovetop until they’re cooked all the way through.
2. Drain the water out of the pan and replace it with your Coca-Cola.
3. Simmer the chicken in the soda for about 30 minutes to make sure the flavor soaks into the meat. Add approximately one tablespoon of salt for each liter of Coca-Cola you use. Add three tablespoons of light soy sauce for each liter of Coca-Cola as well.
4. After the time is up, the remaining soda should be thick and syrupy and the wings will be coated. Serve them onto a plate and dig in!
As this list of dishes shows, you can make plenty of creative and delicious meals in the kitchen using only a few ingredients. Whether we’re talking about snacks, hearty meals or tasty desserts, this list should have plenty of ideas to keep you busy for a while. Before you say anything, we know that we bent the rules slightly on a few of these… but we’re not counting water, salt and pepper as ingredients in-and-of themselves. In any event, have you tried making any of these dishes for yourself? Which ones are your favorites? Let us know in the comments area below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group